- Solid Waste Collection and Recycling Services
- Livestock Waste
- Loading, dumping, or receiving is permitted between the hours of 9 am and 4 pm only.
- Loading and dumping are prohibited on Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays.
- No piling of manure.
- Manure must be spread to no more than 18 inches in depth within 72 hours of receipt.
- Manure must be used for agricultural purposes only.
- Holding, loading, or application is prohibited within 50’ of property boundaries and 200’of a private well head or water source (300’ if the private water source is down slope of the waste site), and 500’ of a community well/water source.
- Registration expires annually on September 30th. *See Page 3 of Ordinance No. 2014-03 on Town Website
Florida Statue Title XXIX, Chapter 403.413 - "Florida Litter Law"
In addition to the Town's regulations, livestock waste disposal is governed by Florida Statue Title XXIX, Chapter 403.413 - the "Florida Litter Law." The Florida Litter Law states Any person who dumps litter in any quantity for commercial purposes or dumps litter that is hazardous waste as defined in s. 403703, is guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office monitors and enforces Florida Litter Law in Wellington and violations could include fines of up to $5,000 and terms of imprisonment of up to 5 years. Additionally, waste haulers risk losing their permits if convicted of illegal dumping. The Sheriff's Office cracks down on illegal dumping means that haulers must be permitted and registered and must dispose of waste at approved sites.
It is against the law to use haulers that dump waste at unapproved sites. Please use only permitted and registered waste haulers that dispose of waste at approved sites. Please use only approved livestock waste containers for livestock waste disposal.