TOWN OF LOXAHATCHEE GROVES
Hurricane Preparedness for Property
- Hurricane winds can cause trees and branches to fall, so before hurricane season trim or remove damaged trees and limbs to keep you and your property safe.
- Secure loose rain gutters and downspouts and clear any clogged areas or debris to prevent water damage to your property.
- All major vegetation cutting and/or tree removal should be done between December 1 and April 30.
- No vegetation trimming or bulk items should be placed at the roadside after a named storm. We cannot guarantee pick-up of vegetation or bulk items before landfall.
- Reduce property damage by retrofitting to secure and reinforce the roof, windows and doors, including the garage doors.
- Purchase a portable generator or install a generator for use during power outages.
- Remember to keep generators and other alternate power/heat sources outside, at least 20 feet away from windows and doors and protected from moisture; and NEVER try to power the house wiring by plugging a generator into a wall outlet.
- Typically, there's a 30-day waiting period from date of purchase for a flood insurance policy to go into effect.
Per Town Ordinances Please Complete the Following Below
- Please trim all limbs, branches, weeds, and grass from all Right of Ways, Easements, and Horse Trails.
All debris placed out for collection shall be placed on the property from which the debris was generated, at a location adjacent to the public roadway used for access to the property, but not within swales or recorded drainage or roadway easements. It shall be unlawful to place debris for collection within swales or recorded drainage or roadway easements, within public roadways, or on the property of another.
(Ord. No. 2018-05, § 2, 7-17-2018)