CodeRED Notification System
IMMEDIATE & DIRECT COMMUNICATION!
The Town of Loxahatchee Groves has implemented the CodeRED® Emergency/Weather Warning Notification System – an ultra-high-speed communication service.
THE CodeRED® EMERGENCY/WEATHER WARNING NOTIFICATION SYSTEM
Delivers customized prerecorded messages directly to Town residents, or persons traveling through the area via the free mobile app. The system will be used for significant incidents and events where timely notification is essential or to provide useful information for things such as road work announcements, garbage pickup, events, or information the Town officials deem important to notify residents about.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
CodeRED® delivers the Town notification through a high-speed Call/Text/Email system to a phone number on the CodeRED® database. Town staff will access CodeRED® via a secure web portal. Contact information will be matched up electronically and a pre-recorded message will be sent out with information and possibly instructions for action to be taken.
ARE YOU IN THE DATABASE?
CodeRED® is a geographical-based system where location is needed to select the contacts that will receive the notifications. CodeRED® uses public databases to collect telephone numbers for existing Town of Loxahatchee Groves homes and businesses and have been placed into the CodeRED® database.
However, sometimes the public databases contain outdated information, thus no one should automatically assume his or her telephone number is included. All individuals and businesses are encouraged to register, especially if you have an unlisted phone number, have changed your phone number or address within the last year, or use a cellular phone as your home phone, or if you would like email and text alerts.
WHAT DO TOWN RESIDENTS HAVE TO DO TO RECEIVE CodeRED® NOTIFICATIONS?
Town residents will need to register their contact information (Home telephone, cell phone number, email) in the CodeRED® system, especially if you have an unlisted phone number, have changed your phone number or address within the last year, or you use a cellular phone as your home phone. Click Here to Register!
Visit the Town of Loxahatchee Groves's exclusive CodeRED® online portal and register. Click Here to Register!
TEXT TO REGISTER
Text "LoxahatcheeGroves" to 99411 to enroll in the Loxahatchee Groves emergency alert program. The keyword is not case sensitive but does have to be sent as a whole word.
- First and Last name
- Address (physical address, no P.O. boxes)
- City, State, Zip Code
- Primary Phone Number (A primary phone number is most likely the identified home phone number.)
- Alternate Phone Number (Such as a mobile phone, can also be entered and both the primary and alternate line will be contacted in the event of an emergency.
- Email Address (Optional if you would like to receive email alerts)
- Cellular number and provider (Optional if you would like to receive text alerts) The system works with cellular phones but requires a valid street address. When entering information, please fill out all of the screens because the newest data entered will replace the old data.
- TDD Number (Optional if you would like to receive TDD/TTY formatted alerts) For those who are hearing impaired the Internet update offers a TDD ONLY option for tone delivery of emergency messages. Messages delivered to phone numbers marked TDD will only be delivered in a TDD/TTY format. Residents without Internet access may visit any of the public libraries or community centers within the county to use a computer. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Listen Carefully
- Follow Instructions
- Don’t hang up until you hear the entire message (the message will not be repeated) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT CALLER ID:
The following numbers will display when you receive an emergency notification. We encourage all cell phone users to save these numbers on their phones for quick recognition of these important warnings at the time of delivery. You may call these numbers back and receive the last warning message if you miss the call although a message should be left for you on your answering machine or voicemail.
• 855-969-4636 | Community Alert for General Notifications
• 866-419-5000 | Emergency Alert for Emergency Notifications
• 800-566-9780 | Weather Alert for CodeRED Weather Warning Alerts
CodeRED® WEATHER WARNING A BONUS FEATURE
Town Residents can also sign up for CodeRED® Weather Warning while signing up for CodeRED®. The CodeRED® Weather Warning will automatically notify residents when severe weather warnings are issued by the National Weather Service for your address. The CodeRED® Weather Warning System notifies only when warnings are issued and only if your address is in the path of the storm.
CodeRED MOBILE ALERT APP
With the CodeRED Mobile Alert app CodeRED® enables subscribers to receive notifications directly to their mobile device whether at home, on the road or traveling around the country. Learn more!
To Opt-Out and STOP receiving notifications, Click Here!